Monday, January 11, 2016

Time Capsule: Beading Challenges

January is a time for looking forward, but it’s also a great opportunity to look back. Perhaps it’s best to just look over your shoulder as you move ahead to new things, but reflection is definitely a healthy exercise. When I looked back at what was happening three years ago this month on Inspirational Beading, I was surprised to discover that it was the start of the Egyptian Gods jewelry challenge.


Geb and Bast Egyptian Designs


Even though I could have done the math without looking and known that this challenge began 3 years ago, it was still a bit of a shock to discover just how long it’s been since I took on that exciting journey of inspiration. When I look back through some of my favorite designs from the series, I find that they are still inspiring me to this day.

One important thing I did discover is that I’m not feeling the same amount of excitement and inspiration for my current challenge theme. I’m having the hardest time trying to fit my favorite geek characters and ideas into the type of beadwork that I like to do. It’s just not working, and I think I’m going to pack in the Geekspiration challenge and look for something new to broaden my repertoire with. I might get an idea for the series here or there, but I'm going to focus most of my creativity elsewhere for now.


Donna and Aurra Designs


The good news is that I’ll probably be able to get new projects ready for the Master Class series even faster than I thought. I’ve been a bit limited by work schedules and the sun’s winter timetable, but I should have the first installment ready soon. After that, who knows what inspirations await?

Have you ever had a great beading idea fizzle out before completion? What did you take away from the experience?

Mortira

Subscribe * Facebook * Google+
Send your beading questions to InspirationalBeading@gmail.com
Support Inspirational Beading for bonus tutorials and more!

Copyright 2015 Inspirational Beading


4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, many a time. And not just in beading but in my quilting projects too. My son and I were going to start a series of jewelry based on the Lord of the Rings but that didn't happen. I thought something fun might inspiration from some of my favorite characters from books or iconic actresses and their roles. I like so many kinds of beading that it's hard to find a style!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't count how many times I've had a twinkling of an idea, but not the resources to really make it happen. We've just got to keep beading forward!

      Delete
  2. I've had it happen where I think about creating a new series for my blog or diving in depth to a certain stitch and it doesn't happen. Sometimes because of classes or work but other times because I wasn't as excited about the idea any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lack of excitement does happen, sometimes often! The trick I suppose is to learn from it and avoid letting these mishaps get in the way of other inspirations.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com